The RO-400 reverse osmosis system is fitted with 4 x 100gpd (US Gallons) membranes, and is designed and manufactured for anyone (aquarists/horticulturists & similar) requiring a large amount of quality pure water.
What's in the box?
- 4 stage filtration system
- Stage 1 - Sediment Filter - 10" PP sediment/particle filter, made from spun plastic to remove sediment, grit and other impurities
- Stage 2 - GAC Filter - Granular activated carbon filter
- Stage 3 - CTO Filter - 10" Block Carbon CTO Filter
- Stage 4 - First Reverse Osmosis Membrane - 100 US Gallons per day ultra low pressure RO Membrane (379 litres per day) see description regarding UK output*
- Stage 5 - Second Reverse Osmosis Membrane - 100 US Gallons per day ultra low pressure RO Membrane (379 litres per day) see description regarding UK output*
- Mains water connection (Use only with copper pipes)
- Waste water saddle valve
- Membrane housing spanner
- Filter housing spanner
- Connecting pipe
*There are a number of factors that affect the output of reverse osmosis water filters, such as input water pressure, TDS of input water, bacterial film on RO membranes if they are not changed regularly and water temperature, especially in winter months. Based on UK water conditions, you can expect to get aproximately 50% of the membrane's rated capacity.
Dependent upon usage of the unit the 4 cartridge filters will need changing every 6 months, the membrane filter requires changing at approximately 18-36 months. The life of the reverse osmosis membrane, is affected by the following factors, bacterial contamination (not changing pre-filters often enough), chlorine contamination of the membrane, (again by not changing pre-filters often enough) and the worst culprit, hard water.
We are regularly asked why we say our membranes may need changing at 18 months or less, when other sellers quote their membranes will last 3 years. We call it honest genuine expectations, our membranes are made to the same and in many cases higher specification than reverse osmosis membranes from other manufacturers. If you have very soft water or using the RO system on the output of a domestic water softener then yes you can expect a life of around 3 years. If used with a rainwater harvesting system you could expect longer as you do not have chlorine in the water you are filtering.
This products housings are made from heavy duty food grade plastics casings. The filters are manufactured by a quality ISO 9001 company a member of the Water Quality Association of America. This unit will provide you with tap water tasting as good as it gets.
Further information can be found on Vyair's website: Click here
See our Return & Refund Policy here