Red Sea’s REEFER™ series of Reef Systems provide advanced hobbyists with a solid foundation for building a fully featured reef or marine aquarium. The REEFER™ series combines a contemporary, rimless, ultra-clear glass aquarium with a stylish cabinet and a comprehensive water management system including a professional refugium ready sump with integrated automatic top-up and Red Sea’s unique silent down-flow system. The REEFER™ series is designed for ease of operation while enabling the advanced hobbyist to install an unlimited choice of lighting, filtration, circulation and controllers to create a uniquely customised system.
- Rimless, ultra-clear, beveled edge glass aquarium
- Elegant marine-spec cabinet
- Professional refugium ready sump with adjustable height skimmer chamber.
- Micron filter bags and filter cups.
- Silent, regulated down-flow system with emergency overflow
- Integrated automatic top-up system with reservoir
- Assembly-ready piping – no gluing required
The marine-spec laminated cabinet that houses the sump, (and in the larger models also includes a dedicated, vented space for chillers) is smartly finished with weatherproof, epoxy-painted doors.
The REEFER XL models are all 57.5cm wide and are now available in sizes from 60cm long/200 litre (53 gal) capacity up to 150cm long/525 litre (140 gal). All the REEFER XL models now feature a laminated, plywood cabinet with adjustable feet.
REEFER™ Water Management SystemRemovable surface-skimming combs surround the top of the centrally located overflow box that houses the downpipe, sump return pipe and the discreet multi-directional “eyeball” return outlet nozzle. In the event of a blockage in the regulated downpipe, an additional emergency overflow pipe provides an unrestricted free flow of aquarium water directly to the sump. On entering the sump the water passes through micron filters and/or filter cups with your choice of media before flowing into the optional refugium and onto the skimmer chamber with an adjustable height outlet, making it suitable for all skimmers and other reactors.
In order to remove any air bubbles that may have escaped from the skimmer, the water passes through a bubble-stripping cascade on its way to the return pump chamber. To ensure a constant water level in the pump compartment, all REEFER™ sumps include an integrated automatic freshwater top-up unit, guaranteeing a constant, stable water flow throughout the complete system.Supplied as a complete self-assembly kit, all pipe work is ready without the need for any gluing.
- Ultra clear front glass thickness – 10mm
- Built in surface skimmer
- Integrated automatic top up system
- Display tank water volume - 158 Litres
- In cabinet sump water volume - 42 Litres
- Total system water volume - 200 Litres
- RO reservoir volume - 6.7 Litres
- Display tank length - 60cm
- Display tank height - 53cm
- Display tank width - 57.5cm
- Total system height with cabinet - 140cm
- Water height - 17-23cm
- Skimmer chamber - 30 x 28cm
- Pump chamber - 30 x 14cm
Recommended flow (lph) (pump not included) 2000
3/4” threaded hose barb – Pipe Int. Dia 16mm
225 micron Thin-mesh Filter Bag x 1
Further information can be found on Red Sea's website: Click here
See our Return & Refund Policy here