*Please note: Not held as stock item, delivery 3-5 weeks approx.
Diameter 180mm, volume 8L of zeolite
ATB Automatic Zeolite Reactors are used to house zeolite gravel. The simple and practical design allows regular automatic washing of zeolite to remove surface deposits on individual stones. These deposits would otherwise impede optimal filtration function. ATB Automatic Zeolite Reactor is supplied with two pumps. The primary pump is used for continuous controlled flushing of the reactor and the secondary pump provides a one-time strong flushing at regular intervals. The secondary pump is equipped with an ATB design venturi nozzle. Thanks to this ingenious solution, the pump also sucks in air during flushing, and thanks to the enriched water / air mixture, the filling of the zeolite reactor is much better regenerated, thus increasing its efficiency several times over.
reactor volume - 8 L zeolite, diameter 180mm
pumps 2 x Sicce 3.0 each 2700 l/h, 45 Watt
Why use a zeolite reactor in your aquarium?
Due to its porosity, ATB Zeolite has many times larger "cleaning" area than, for example, sand. If you pour water over the sand, it is mechanically cleaned only between the individual sand grains, while if you pour water in front of the zeolite, which is very porous, water flows through the individual grains - the cleaning effect is much higher.
- The ATB Zeolite automatic reactor is optimal for using zeolite
- Zeolite is not only used to capture mechanical impurities (visible impurities in the aquarium), but it uses three cleaning mechanisms. The first mechanism is the capture of physical impurities (visible impurities). The second mechanism is the absorption of pollutants due to the extremely large grain area of the mineral. The third mechanism is chemical water purification - zeolite contains calcium, magnesium and sodium ions within its structure which it is able to exchange for pollutants such as ammonia which is very often present in water. In addition, zeolite has the ability to absorb a variety of organic impurity molecules that are also present in water. It can also kill some unwanted bacteria and algae to some extent.
Select untreated natural zeolite of various grain sizes, ideal for use in ATB Zeolite reactors.
There are a few basic rules to follow:
- Zeolite must always be clean
- Water flow in the reactor always from bottom to top
- Ideal flow 400 l / h per 1 l Zeolite
- Ideal amount of 0.25 l Zeolite per 100 l water in the system
- After 6-8 weeks, the zeolite in the reactor must be replaced